Terms & Conditions
Airport Millionaire Promotion 2021
- Information on how to enter and prize information form part of these terms and conditions of entry (Conditions of Entry).
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the Conditions of Entry at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to an entrant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Conditions of Entry generally.
- All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Conditions of Entry even if the Promoter only learn of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded a prize to the ineligible person. Return of the prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these Conditions of Entry and the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter is Newslink Pty Limited trading as Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific (ABN 90 003 940 350) of Level 9, 241 O’Riordan Street, Mascot NSW 2020. (Promoter).
- Outlets participating in the Promotion are Aelia Duty Free, Alps Bar & Pizza, Campos, Hub, Icons, Kaboom, Lego, NewsLink, Relay, Southern Providore, Tech2Go, The Gold Coast Store, The Launceston Store, The Cairns Store, The Nelson Store, The WA Store, Tiki Tour, Trader&Co, The Bar, Watermark, and outlets located at the airports listed in Appendix A which display advertising for this Promotion; and the online stores listed in this clause below (Participating Outlets). Participating Outlets (other than online participating outlets), will display Promotion materials.
- Please note that Participating Outlets may be incentivised to encourage entrants to purchase particular products as part of this Promotion. Online purchases are not eligible for this Promotion.
- The Promotion will commence at 00:01 AEST on 07/07/2021 and conclude at 23:59 AEST on 31/08/2021 (Promotion Period).
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Entry in the Promotion is only open to residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years and over who can attend the Game to be held in either New South Wales, Australia or virtually online (with exact location determined by the Promoter) between 20/09/2021 and 08/10/2021 (as described in paragraphs 23 - 25) or whose nominated proxy (as described in clause 30) can attend the Game on their behalf (if drawn as the winner), excluding:
- management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, their related entities, the Participating Outlets and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of the prize);
- a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 10(a) of these Conditions of Entry;
- persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter,
(Eligible Entrants). The persons referred to in paragraph 10(b) of these Conditions of Entry include natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter) and the Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in their absolute discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, spend $5 (including GST, and excluding any commission, fees or surcharge charged on the purchase of the product, if applicable) or more in one transaction at a Participating Outlet excluding tobacco purchases (Qualifying Purchase), collect their purchase receipt (Receipt) and complete their entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry (Eligible Entry). The $5 qualifying spend is based on the currency in the country of purchase (e.g. if purchase is in New Zealand, the qualifying spend is NZD$5). All tobacco products are excluded from this Promotion and will not be eligible as part of any spend towards a Qualifying Purchase. Any commission, fees or surcharge that is charged on the purchase of your product does not form part of the Qualified Purchase value. The value of any tobacco products purchased will be deducted from the value of the transaction for the purposes of this Promotion.
- Eligible Entrants who complete an Eligible Entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry will be awarded an entry/entries in the Promotion based on the amount spent in their Qualifying Purchase and whether a “Bonus Product” was purchased in the Qualifying Purchase. Entries will be allocated as below –
Qualifying Purchase Value (AUD/NZ depending on location of Participating Outlet)
Number of Entries Recorded (indicated by the letter ‘N’ on the receipt)
$5.00 - $14.99
$15.00 - $24.99
$25.00 - $49.99
$50.00 - $74.99
$75.00 - $99.99
Any entry from $100.00 and over will convert into 1 entry per dollar spent (i.e. if a customer spends $100.00, they receive 100 entries).
N.B. the entry levels for anything prior to the $100.00 becomes irrelevant to the total entry count.
100 entries +
(pending total amount spent over $100.00)
If a “Bonus Product/s” is purchased in the Qualifying Purchase the Eligible Entrant will also be awarded the following entries -
Bonus Product Purchased
Number of Entries Recorded
If a Bonus Product/s is purchased the letter “P” [Platinum] and/or “G” [Gold] will be noted on the Receipt, as well as the quantity of Platinum Products and/or Gold Products (up to a maximum of ninety-nine (99) of each).
If an Eligible Entrant spends $30 in store and purchases one (1) Platinum Product and one (1) Gold Product in a Qualifying Purchase their receipt will indicate “N0010P01G01” and will equate to a total of 80 entries.
Eligible Entrants should see in-store at a Participating Outlet or ask staff at a Participating Outlet as to which products constitute a Gold Product or Platinum Product purchase in that Participating Outlet.
To complete their Eligible Entry, after making a Qualifying Purchase, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, follow the steps printed at the end of their Qualifying Purchase Receipt and visit www.airportmillionaire.com and follow the prompts by entering the following information:
- Enter their Qualifying Purchase Special Code (found on their Purchase Receipt);
- their first name and surname;
- their gender (M/F);
- their age;
- their email address;
- their mobile phone number (inc international dialing code prefix);
- their country of residence (Aus/NZ);
- their postcode;
- their state (Aus) or province (NZ);
- the airport/store where they made their Qualifying Purchase; and
- the date when they made their Qualifying Purchase.
- Eligible Entrants must retain their original Receipt (Proof of Purchase) which corresponds to each entry they submit in the Promotion in order to claim the prize (if won). Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotion Period but prior to entry.
If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Entrants must produce, within the time requested by the Promoter in their absolute discretion:
- appropriate photo identification or other documentation, required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, eligibility to enter the Promotion and claim the prize (if won) and compliance with these Conditions of Entry; and
- their Proof of Purchase that corresponds to all entries they have submitted in the Promotion.
- If the items required by the Promoter is not received or an entrant has not been verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter within the time period required by the Promoter, the entry/entries submitted by the entrant will be deemed invalid. The prize will only be awarded following all validation and verification requirements of the Promoter being met to their satisfaction.
- Entrants can only enter the Promotion in their own name. Entrants who enter using multiple aliases (i.e. multiple names, addresses and/or email addresses) will be disqualified.
- If more than one person attempts to claim the prize, the Promoter has a sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons the winning entrant is.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
PRIZE DRAW & GAME/PRIZE DETAILS
- A random electronic prize draw will be conducted at Greeneagle, 5/9 Fitzpatrick Street, Revesby, NSW, 2212 (Draw Location) by a representative of the Promoter at 12 noon AEST on 03/09/2021 (Prize Draw). The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The first Eligible Entrant with a valid entry drawn in the Prize Draw will win the opportunity to play the Game (as defined in paragraphs 23 - 25) for the chance to win $1,000,000 (Drawn Participant), including travel to the Game (as described in paragraphs 26, 27 and 28). The Promoter may draw additional Eligible Entrants in the Prize Draw and record them in order to use in the event the Drawn Participant or nominated proxy (as described in clause30) cannot attend the Game in accordance with paragraph 30.
- The Game will take place at a date between 20/09/2021 and 08/10/2021 a time between 6.00am and 9.00pm AEDST and at location in New South Wales, Australia or virtually online (e.g. via Zoom), as determined by the Promoter and published online at www.airportmillionaire.com no later than 15/10/2021.
The Game will consist of twenty (20) suitcases:
- two (2) suitcases will contain promotional messages representing winning symbols; and
- the other eighteen (18) suitcases will each contain promotional messages representing non-winning symbols (Game).
Prize money will be awarded to the winner via transfer to the winner’s nominated Australian or NZ bank account.
To play the Game, the Drawn Participant must choose two (2) suitcases without touching, handling or interfering in any way with any of the other suitcases on display. If the Drawn Participant is found to have breached this condition, he/she will be disqualified.
- Outcome 1: If the Drawn Participant selects the two suitcases containing promotional messages representing the winning symbols, then, subject to verification by the judges, the Drawn Participant will win the Major Prize of $1,000,000.
- Outcome 2: If the Drawn Participant selects one (1) suitcase containing a promotional message representing one winning symbol and selects one suitcase containing a promotional message representing one non-winning symbol, then the $1,000,000 prize will not be given away and, subject to verification by the judges, the Drawn Participant will win the Minor Prize of $20,000.
- Outcome 3: If the Drawn Participant selects two (2) suitcases containing a promotional message representing two (2) non-winning symbols, then the $1,000,000 prize will not be given away and, subject to verification by the judges, the Drawn Participant will receive the Consolation Prize of $10,000.
- Two (2) nights’ accommodation at an establishment selected by the Promoter, within the city where Game will be played (minimum three (3) stars, twin-share) is included in the prize. The Drawn Participant may select a companion aged 18 years or older to attend the Game with them and share their accommodation. The Drawn Participant must hold a valid credit card and present it upon check in at the accommodation establishment to cover any incidental or other hotel charges.
- If the Drawn Participant resides within the same State/province where the Game will take place, the Promoter will provide return transport to the Drawn Participant and their guest from the Drawn Participant’s place of residence to the Game.
- If the Drawn Participant resides outside of the same State (if from Australia) or outside the same island (north or south) (if from NZ), where the Game will take place, the Promoter will liaise with the Drawn Participant to organise travel for the Drawn Participant and their nominated companion (aged 18 years or older) to and from the Drawn Participant’s nearest capital city (or nearest major city, as determined by the Promoter, if winner resides in NZ), to where the game will take place (New South Wales, Australia, depending on the confirmed Game location) (“Closest City to Game”), in order for the Drawn Participant to play the Game, which will include return economy flights from the Drawn Participant’s nearest capital city (or nearest major city, as determined by the Promoter, if winner resides in NZ) to Closest City to Game, and hotel transfers to the Game, if necessary. Flights must be taken to coincide with the Game, departing and returning on the date/s as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes if applicable), insurance, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers and all other ancillary costs are not included. All travel components must be taken together as a single trip as booked by the Promoter. Once booked, no changes to the booking are permitted. The total value of this trip component inclusive of flights, accommodation etc is up to AUD$2,000 depending on the winner’s travel date and point of departure. Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the flights awarded. The Drawn Participant and his/her travel companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. If the Game takes place virtually online, then accommodation/transfers/flights will not be provided and the winner will not receive any alternative or cash in lieu.
- Participation in the prize is subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by those involved in providing the goods or services included in the prize (“Third Party Terms”). The Drawn Participant and nominated companion are responsible for compliance with all applicable Third Party Terms and bear all risks associated with failure to comply with any of them. They will be required to maintain an acceptable standard of behavior while a participant in the prize. The Promoter assumes no liability (and will provide no compensation) to the Drawn Participant and/or nominated travelling companion who, as a result of any failure to comply with any Third-Party Terms, is unable to participate in the prize (or any part of it); or suffers any other loss or damage.
- If the Drawn Participant cannot attend the Game, the Drawn Participant may appoint a proxy 18 years of age or over to play the Game on his/her behalf provided that the Drawn Participant gives the Promoter written, signed notice to that effect at least 48 hours before the start of the Game.
- The Drawn Participant’s odds of winning the $1,000,000 Major Prize are 1 in 190.
- The Drawn Participant’s odds of winning the $20,000 Minor Prize are 1 in 10.
- Total maximum potential prize value is up to $1,000,000.
- The total maximum prize pool (inclusive of the trip component provided for attendance at the Game) is up to AUD$1,002,000.
- If the prize winner resides in Australia the prize money will be awarded in Australian Dollars, and if the prize winner resides in New Zealand the prize money will be awarded in New Zealand Dollars.
- The prize cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. If the prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Game or Promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNER
The prize winner will be notified by phone and via email within two (2) business days of the draw and advertised at www.airportmillionaire.com on or before 06/09/2021.
The winner will also be notified in writing after the Game is played to confirm the prize won in the Game.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW (IF ANY)
- If the Drawn Participant is not contactable or does not claim the prize by 11am AEST on 07/09/2021(and there are no reserve Eligible Entrants drawn in accordance with paragraph 21 remaining), a random electronic re-draw will be conducted at 12 noon AEST on 07/09/2021 at the Draw Location by a representative of the Promoter from all remaining Eligible Entries received in the Promotion, subject to any directions from the relevant gaming departments (Re-Draw).
NOTIFICATION OF RE-DRAW WINNER (IF ANY)
- The Re-Draw winner, if any, will be notified by phone and via email within two (2) business days of the draw and advertised at www.airportmillionaire.com on or before 08/09/2021.
- Eligible Entrants may submit a limit of one (1) Eligible Entry per Qualifying Purchase made. Eligible Entrants may submit a limit of ten (10) Eligible Entries in the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her guest for the Game) may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable. The prize must be taken as offered and may not be varied.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for the prize being lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches the winner or after it has been released to the winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any variation in the value of the prize from the time of printing Promotion materials.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available, or the Participating Outlets will be open, at all times during the Promotion Period.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of being run as planned, including (but not limited to) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, network failure, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in their absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to them, subject to relevant gaming regulations, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion or disqualifying any entrant.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry or draw mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Promotion, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take or claim a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in their discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority
- Promoter, the Promoter’s related entities and all agencies associated with the Promotion; and
- the employees, agents, directors and contractors, of all entities referred to in paragraph 52(a),
shall not be liable for any loss or claim, action, demand, liability, damage, cost, expense or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential loss), incurred, suffered or sustained by any person or entity (without limitation) in connection with, or arising from, the Promotion or the acceptance or use of the prize, except that which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning or receiving the benefit of the prize.
- The prize winner must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in any Promotion activity (such as publicity and photography) relating to the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in any future promotional material.
- CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All entries become the sole property of the Promoter.
- All information entrants provide (Personal Information) will be used by the Promoter’s for the purpose of conducting this Promotion and contacting and verifying the winner, and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. If an entrant selects to opt into receipt of marketing at the time of entry, the Promoter may also for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the Personal Information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning Eligible EntrantsEntry is conditional on providing this Personal Information.
- Should an entrant's Personal Information change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Promoter may disclose entrants' Personal Information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion as required, to Australian regulatory authorities.
- Entrants may view the Promoter’s privacy policies by visiting http://lsaspac.com/legals/.
- The Promoter’s privacy policies contain information about how Eligible Entrants may opt out, access, update or correct their Personal Information, how Eligible Entrants may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or any other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt with. The Promoter will not disclose entrant’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia or New Zealand.
- The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012) as well as any other applicable laws.
- The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
Authorised under Permit Numbers – NSW Authority No. TP/00737; ACT Permit No. TP21/00771; SA Permit No. T21/715
Gold Coast Domestic
Gold Coast International
Melbourne T1 Qantas
Sydney T1 International
Sydney T2 Domestic
Sydney T3 Qantas